Happy Saturday everyone!
I hope everyone is enjoying their Mother’s Day weekend! Considering it the weekend I thought I’d share a recipe that took me a really long time to perfect! Once I perfected it - we couldn’t stop making them. These don’t even last a day in our house- they are that delicious! Sophia loves baking with me so this is something we love to do on Saturday mornings together. She’s love pouring all the ingredients into the mixing bowl - It is her absolute favorite! If you get a chance to try this recipe I can promise that you won't regret it!
(Makes a dozen muffins)
¾ Cup of Sugar
2-3 overly Ripe Bananas
1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
1 ½ Cups of King Arthur GF Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Clabber Girl GF Baking Soda
½ Tsp of Salt
For those that like a little texture:
Chopped Walnuts (Optional)
Chocolate Chips (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and line muffin pan with muffin cups.
2. In a small mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork until they are a good consistency (no large chunks). Place to the side to add to mixture later.
3. Using a mixer (I use my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer), add egg, sugar and oil into bowl. On a low speed, mix all together until all the ingredients are incorporated.
4. Add all dry ingredients into one mixing bowl. Stir together with for. Once all the dry ingredients are mixed. Add slowly to the wet ingredients. On low speed mix wet and dry ingredients together. Be sure that you don’t over mix your ingredients because this can result in flat or even overly dense muffins.
*Add optional ingredients likes nuts or chocolate chips if desired
5. Evenly scrape muffin batter into the 12 lined muffin cups.
6. Bake muffins in the oven at 350° for 22-24 minutes depending on the strength of your oven or until they are a golden brown color. Use a toothpick (if it comes out clean) to check the center of the muffins are baked.
7. Let muffins cool in muffin pan for 10 minutes. Remove to cooling rack or decorative platter.
8. Dig in and enjoy!
I want to wish all my Mommy / Mommy-to-be friends the happiest of Mother’s Days! You deserve nothing but the best for all you do!