Happy Monday everyone,
I hope you all had a great weekend. We watched a little bit of the superbowl but went to bed pretty early to prepare for getting back to the work week. Being that our work we is pretty hectic and we don't have much time to sit down and actually have breakfast I though I'd to share with you my 'go-to' breakfast, Avocado Toast. You can make this in many different varieties: sweet, savory - you name it. This is also really healthy for you too. The best part is, it only takes 10 minutes to prep and if you're in a huge rush, you can throw it in gladware container and take it with you!
Below I made three different varieties:
1. Cherry, Toasted Pine nut garnished with Mint
2. Strawberry, Shaved Parmesan and Basil
3. Pomegranite, Toasted Pine Nut and Goat Cheese * my fave
1. Toast your choice of bread (I perfer Whole Foods Market Prairie Bread or Dave's Killer Bread)
2. Cut open ripe avocado and spread onto toast with fork covering oneside of the toast
3. Place ingredients of your choice on top of toast
4. Season with salt, pepper or season of your liking onto toast
P.S. Another great option for seasoning is Trader Joe's Everything but The Bagel Seasoning. HERE
Five Health Benefits of Avocado:
1. Avocado are Loaded with Heart-Healthy fats. They are mostly made of of Oleic acids which has been associated with inflamatios and have benecial effects on our genes (like cancer).
2. Avocados hold soluble fibers which are great for your intestine. This helps your body function on an optimal level and support your gut health.
3. Eating avocado reduce or lower cholesterol levels, improving risk of heart disease which is the common cause of death in the world.
4. Avocados are actually good for your eyesight. Avocados are known to have powerful antioxidents that protect from cataracts or dengenerative eye problems. Studies show that eating avocados a few times a week will prevent loss of vision and protect your eye health long-term.
5. Avocados area weight- loss friendly. Studies prove that incorporating avocados with your diet make you feel full and satisfied and help promote healthier eating. With time, overall plays a huge role in weight loss.
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love if you shared what you make with me, feel free to tag me in all of your fun recipes!